Molecular Testing Labs Compliance Efforts
Compliance with applicable legal and ethical standards is fundamental to the way Molecular Testing Labs™ (“MTL”) does business. The success of MTL’s compliance efforts depends on the dedication of each Employee or other agent to work with the Company to implement and adhere to the Compliance Program.
Employees and others have the freedom to communicate compliance-related questions or concerns in person, by telephone, or through e-mail or other written correspondence. Any of these methods may be used to communicate with the Head of Compliance at any time, whether to report a suspected violation or to request guidance on a compliance issue.
No employee or other agent, contract worker, customer, vendor, or other person who does business with this organization is exempt from the requirements contained in the compliance policy which includes but is not limited to:
- Achieving a culture of uncompromising integrity which is characterized by strict adherence to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations applicable to MTL’s business operations.
- Full compliance with laws prohibiting fraud and abuse, such as the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, the Federal False Claims Act, and similar laws.
- Employees, directors, officers and other agents must not present or cause to be presented any false or fraudulent claims for payment.
- MTL will submit claims for reimbursement to state and federal health care programs only if it believes those claims are for medically necessary services or are otherwise covered.
- MTL expects all employees, directors, officers and other agents to conduct business on its behalf in strict adherence with the laws and ethical standards applicable to the Company’s business practices, without regard to personal considerations.
- Employees, directors, officers and other agents should never solicit gifts or any other personal benefit or favor of any kind from any individual or company doing business with MTL in exchange for, or as a reward or inducement for, business or for recommending or arranging for business to be referred to MTL.
- All interactions with health care professionals and their staff on behalf of the Company must be professional exchanges meant to provide education about MTL’s test offerings and the benefits they offer to professionals and patients.
- MTL does not employ or contract with individuals who or entities that are prohibited from doing business with any state or federal agency.
- Employees, directors, officers and other agents must comply with state and federal laws and regulations, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), governing the privacy and security of patient information.
- Employees, directors, officers and other agents are prohibited from offering any gift or other item of value to a health care professional.
- MTL does not permit employees, directors, officers other agents to provide or pay for any entertainment or recreational event or activity for any non-employed HCP.
- MTL does not offer professional courtesy testing to health care providers (HCPs), family members of HCPs or employees of HCPs. Testing services provided to HCPs, family members of HCPs or employees of HCPs must be billed to the patient or to the patient’s insurer in accordance with normal pricing and billing practices.
- Employees, directors, officers and other agents are prohibited from offering processing fees to a health care professional for processing of paperwork, sample preparation, sample mailing and/or other trivial task associated with submission of a sample.